Help required...

Happy Easter!! Ok, so I'm a little bit late.  Hey ho.

I have finished knitting the Ellybob jumper - I'm planning on finishing the writing up this week and weekend.  I may even take photos. It would be quicker but I have the day job.  I preferred knitting the jumper - mainly due to the lack of purl-sided stranded knitting (what was I think - but I think my heart is still stuck on the Ellybob cardigan.

The weekend is also being directed towards sorting out my little patch of garden outside my front door.  As a reminder, last year it looked like this.  This year, I'm culling all the pots that were behind me taking this picture and I'm going to concentrate on the smaller patch you can see. So, I'm garden centre bound on Sunday to buy the plants.  I'm going to grow a few vegetables like last year (probably French beans and a mini pumpkin called "Munchkin") but concentrate on the flowers.  Given the crummy start to the spring, I could do with the smiley colours outside my front door.

Back on the knitty designer side, I am appealing to the readers of this blog to help me source a machine-washable, chunky wool for a baby jumper.  A work colleague has commissioned me to produce a cardigan for a baby due later this year.  This little one is going to be living in a really, really cold bit of the world so figured that a chunky-weight cardigan for their first winter would fit the bill.  I have visions of cables and moss stitch but I need a yarn I can trust.  Any ideas?

Comments

  1. Hi, I came here from Rav. I love this area outside your front door! It really appeals to me. It's so cute and compact. I love that you grow vegetables as well as flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer, welcome and thank you. I tried courgettes last year in this space and I almost ended up having to take a machete (rainforest style) to escape from the flat.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts