4KCBWDAY4 - Colour

Looking back through projects, I can see one colour come shining through: Green.

I'm not picky about the shade either; it can be any from lime to grass, jade to olive. I find it a calming colour to knit and so knit with it a lot.  It suits my skin tone and my (albeit dyed) red hair.  I have my first sweater (Narragansett by Thea Colman) made from Rowan Felted Tweed in Ivy; a jumper that I wear quite often during the winter.  There's also the Umaro knitted in a lime green acrylic yarn.  My living room is green too.

I also find that I knit green yarn for other people too.  It's a lovely go-to colour when you're not sure. Everyone likes at least one green. I knitted a Henslowe for my mum, a lacy scarf for my sister-in-law, Dragonfly Wings for my mother-in-law and a Puerperium Cardigan for a friend's new arrival.  All in green. Green, green, green, green, green.

So, don't worry about a thing - it's all green.

Comments

Popular Posts