4KCBWDAY7 - The year ahead

Having just travelled across country from the amazing Wonderwool (more on that later this week), I have had a bit of time to think carefully on exactly what I expect from the next year.

Mainly, I'd like to produce a few more patterns but in a more considered way; whether that's producing a collection of patterns for release or submitting to a magazine for publication I'm not quite decided.  I need to find myself some test knitters - I've been directed to a few Ravelry forums where people do this happily for free cost of materials the love of knitting.  I don't want to take this resource for granted but currently I can't afford to pay people the amount I would like to in respect of these very generous people's mad knitting skills.  So it's either ask people who are willing to knit for the cost of materials or I knit tests myself and risk major problems being missed.

I would also like to increase the traffic to the blog - did you know the Mammoth now has a Facebook page?  Feel free to pop in; blog posts are updated to Facebook once they are published.

As far as my personal knitty aims this coming year, I would like to become more confident using colour in my work.  I love stranded knitting but I don't do enough of it to get good at it. So more stranded projects (possibly) this year.

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank all those bloggers and readers who have made their way over here during this week.  I've enjoyed reading others' blogs this week and seeing how we can all understand the same brief in a completely different way.  So thank you all.

Comments

Popular Posts