Busy not knitting

So today was meant to be dedicated to knitting.

All started well; Himself brought me a cup of tea in bed. I crawled out of said bed at about 9am and got started on tidying my desk.  I had a plan to get the desk all set up for designing in a bit more organised surroundings and then knit.  I ended up spring cleaning the bedroom instead, which took all day.  Walls were wiped in the fight against dust; enough said.

A small problem that I didn't know I had made itself known over the course of the day.  I don't know where they came from (it may involve a serious shoe and trainer habit; I'm still in denial so please don't mention it) but we seem to have hoarded many shoe boxes.  When I say many, I mean enough to build a small house out of.  Some are too flimsy to do anything with and so went in the recycling bin but from a sturdy shoe box, some glue and some amazing pretty gifted fabric from Himself's mum, I think I made something really special.

This is my new swatch box.  I have needed somewhere to store all the swatches that previously wandered around the flat trying to find a home of their own in the laundry basket, in bed or even in the washing machine.  I'm so impressed with the outcome that I'm doing the same thing with a boot box for my fabric stash (about 4 metres of fabric total).

It only took an hour (at the very most) to cover the box and lid.  I now have copious amounts of glue stuck to my fingers but thankfully did not get any on the right side of the fabric boxes.

I have decided that this is the answer to all of my storage problems.  I may need more shoe boxes.

Comments

  1. So clever and pretty! I think having a nice place to store my swatches would encourage me to actually do them before I start knitting ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! The box looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts