We’re on trend!

We’re currently putting the finishing touch to our front room, which is where I go to get some quiet knitting time at home. We’ve spent ages thinking about the colours for in there and finally came to an agreement about what we would have in there.  The final colour choices are a bright mustard yellow, a deep red and a deep blue (I hasten to add that the majority of the walls are off white and will remain  so). These are the colours for soft furnishings, accessories and feature wall.

From wandering the shops last week it seems like we’re absolutely on trend as there’s loads about to match up with the colour scheme.  The only struggle though has been for throws. Being a knitter, I find myself being overly picky about the yarn used, the pattern and the colour of available throws. I suspect that this is for no real reason.

Enter some yarn that was hiding in the airing cupboard which I was gifted that fell well outside what I would usually knit with.  The yarn gifted was 20 balls (yes 20!) of Sirdar Softspun which is an acrylic/wool mix in a bright mustard yellow.  I’d even tried to sell it on eBay as it’s so far out of my usual knitting fayre.  I’ll point out now that I’m not an acrylophobe, I’ll have it known that I am an equal opportunity knitter it’s just that I usually tend to knit with wool and not at DK weight.

This, my friends, is the result so far.  One very squishy, very light garter stitch blanket section.  I have never been so excited to finish a project and I’m only one ball in. The yarn is wonderful, although sadly discontinued.  It has a metallic sheen to it which knits wonderfully and is in no way scratchy at all.  I can’t wait to snuggle up on the sofa under it once it’s finished.


Comments

Popular Posts