Multicoloured Noodles



In preparation for the knit of my life (I’m planning to knit a shawl/veil for my wedding next year), I cast on a month or so ago for some lace knitting practice.  I’ve had both yarn and pattern for donkey’s years.  The yarn is Juniper Moon Findlay Dappled in colour way Macaw and the pattern is a Jared Flood one called Rock Island.

Currently it’s looking a bit like clown barf noodles but I’m still hopeful. Blocking is a spectacular process and I suspect it’ll do wonders for this one once I get there.

I have learned something about myself through the early stages of knitting this shawl: I am a product knitter.  For those not familiar, there are two types of knitter: product knitters and process knitters.  Product knitters knit for the joy of having the finished item, process knitters knit of the joy of knitting and it’s a nice additional extra that you get something at the end.  The reason I know this now with this shawl? Rock Island knits the shawl edging first, all 72 repeats of an 8 row stitch pattern and it’s killing me. Usually, I knit the body and then I’m super-motivated to complete the edging to get the final article.  Even the edging on multiple Henslows didn’t feel as long as this for me. I’m too stubborn to give up though, onwards!

Comments

Popular Posts