Finishing Flurry

Flurry might be a bit strong - I’ve completed two long standing projects over the weekend. I could swear that these have been hiding from me as they’re that long in the making.

The first is a pair of mitts for Himself. These have been on the needles forever - I bought the yarn alongside the yarn for my very first ever pair of socks! They are made from Sokkusu Xtra which is a merino/cashmere/nylon mix (no longer available unfortunately).  This is what they look like now:

Himself is happy with them so that’s the main thing. He’s been waiting 7 years for these!

The second is a snowman:


You may recognise this particular snowman... he’s quite famous. He’s the snowman who appeared on the John Lewis ads back in 2012 and my sister-in-law and brother-in-law bought me the kit for Christmas. I started knitting it over the Christmas period that year and with the exception of the two arms he has sat in pieces in the box ever since, which is just undignified for a snowman of his stature. So this weekend saw me knit two arms and then sew up all the pieces and embroider to finish him.

Its not all old and abandoned projects at the moment, I have one new project to share tomorrow.  This is all procrastination because there’s a very big, very important project on the horizon.

Comments

Popular Posts