Tour de Fleece - Day 14

I needed a break from the Tour.  I know I wanted to just spin the oatmeal BFL during the tour but the going was seriously slow, akin if you like, to cycling up mountains in the South of France.  So I took a small break and began to spin a small ball of freebie wool I had been given in January with a order from FeltStudioUK.  

It turns out that there was enough to make a small cabled headband for me.  I'd read a bit on using energised singles to kit with and though that given that I'm more than a bit lazy, I'd give it a go.  I really like the way that the stitches are warped when you do this ad a headband was just the kind of project to try it out.

After finishing the headband and pinning it out for blocking, I decided to finish some spinning that I started as one of my first projects.  It's hand-dyed Wensleydale wool and I love it.  The spinning is so different to the BFL with fewer drops of the spindle causing Himself to shout out with shock.  I'm not a massively experienced spinner, it's probably because it has a longer staple which makes it a bit easier in my eyes.

So my plans have changed but I'm still spinning along with the Tour so all's good.

On other, but related, matters; what absolute King of Numpties decided to chuck tacks on the road?  There's absolutely no call for sabotage of the Tour de France and the fact that a rider has had to pull out with a broken collar bone with the Olympics just 2 weeks away just makes it worse.  The police are apparently on it, but I don't think that there's any chance they'll get the scumbag that did it.  There, rant over.




Comments

Popular Posts