Looking Forward

So, it's been a while but I haven't been idle. I have been knitting; just not quite as much as usual. Since the amount of work I have to do for my day job has taken off I find that my evenings have also been busier. What's with that?

Apart from the umaro, I am knitting another monster. This time it's going to be a little girl monster. She's in a pastel shades variegated 100% wool yarn from Regia that I bought yonks ago. I have already decided that she's getting a tutu (what else would any self respecting monster girl wear?). I promise there will be pictures soon.

To satisfy my geeky side and rectify my quickly aging phone problem, I have also had a new phone since my last written blog post. Hurrah for technology! This blog post is brought to you from the said new phone while I watch the football. All is right with the world once again.

Otherwise,  I haven't really had a sufficient block of time to get on with the umaro. I need a weekend without birthdays, blokes getting their kit off at the local theatre or random bouts of bar hopping.  So this weekend will be perfect because... I am off to WONDERWOOL!!!! I am so ridiculously excited as this has been arranged since I can't remember when.

I have seen the list of stalls and I almost fainted with excitement. Add to this that it's only a week before my birthday, and you have an excuse for stash building. I am contemplating asking all stall holders to put all the yarn in a room and letting me roll around in it as a present.  Not so much for hemp yarn but definitely the alpaca.  In contrast to my usual free spending on wool on almost a weekly basis, I have been a model of self-restraint in April even if it is only to strengthen my case for a complete blow out.

I will take pictures and try to post over the weekend. This is, of course, dependent on whether I can get any reception in deepest Wales.

Comments

Popular Posts