Knitty Busy-ness

An absolute mad week.  Busy at work. Busy at home.

My Umaro (see left) has increased in size by a couple of repeats and I'm almost half way through the wool I bought to knit it.  The purple elephant is known as Hummy and he keeps suggesting that I pull the end bit of string.  Apart from the distraction of a naughty elephant, progress is good.

 I have a different monster to show too; his name is Keef.  I finished knitting him from the "Hugo the Couch Potato Monster" from Rebecca Danger's book.  It was a straightforward, easy knit and a lot of fun to design his face - although putting a pile of books on his head while the felt features were drying in place was traumatic.  I felt awful leaving him overnight with a few stitch dictionaries on his face.  The details of yarn can be found on his Ravelry page.  I think I will be knitting more monsters to keep him company.

And in other news, I have a sock on the go.  Just a plain old ribbed sock in a plain old wool (KnitPicks Pallete from Great British Yarns) and I'm really enjoying the break every now and then from the complexity of the Umaro. 

That's again about all I have to say right now.  I need to learn to ramble a bit I think.


Comments

Popular Posts