While Himself's away...

I've come to realise what a novelty being on my own in the flat is.  Now, I'm always first home from work, but that's for an hour at most and I usually spend that doing some form of washing up (me or the house). I have had the house to myself for the whole evening and it's been lovely.  Don't panic though, Himself is just at his work's Christmas dinner tonight.

I was prepared for his absence though.  After a hectic lunch hour gathering crafty stuff I didn't already have, I have over the past 3 or 4 hours managed to do the following:
  • dye 100g white-faced woodland wool red (where I put red, read candy floss pink)
  • dye 100g cheviot wool pale yellow (this looks amazing, like egg noodle yellow)
  • dye 100g southdown wool red, yellow and orange
  • design a pseudo-fair isle pattern for a hat
  • swatch for said new hat design
  • burn pizza left over from dinner last night
  • cook new dinner
  • eat new dinner
  • have tea
  • caught up on all missed pod casts
  • watched a missed documentary from earlier in the week
That seems a lot, but actually, I don't think I spent any time tonight doing just one thing.  Apart from now.  I can't blog and do anything else.  So maybe this is giving my head a rest from all that efficient multi-tasking.  Who knows.

I will share pictures of the dyed wool once it's dry or maybe when the sun makes a reluctant appearance tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts