New Year & the dreaded resolutions


I said I'd try to blog before New Year so here I am.  I apologise for the rambling nature of the post and lack of pictures.  All will return to normal in 2013.

Today was the first full day Himself and I have been at home over the Christmas period and it was cleaning day.  What fun.  I got the kitchen, which is now looking extremely clean.  We managed to get a lot done ready for tomorrow in case we end up with friends over tomorrow.  Most of the Christmas presents have found appropriate homes; the rest have been tidied into the spare room (read gym, wardrobe and office) until the New Year sort out.  I have also been for a run which made me feel much more normal.

My liver is already shrinking in anticipation of the carnage that will be tomorrow night.  Luckily, the friends that we are accompanying out on the town are all working so that's taken all-day drinking out of the frame (woo hoo!) - I just can't be doing with the hangover especially given that I'm back to work on the 2nd.

On the knitty design side, I have been busy.  Very, very busy.  I have a hat pattern to write up; I will be launching this on Ravelry during the first or second weekend of 2013.  I also have a very detailed idea up coming for a slouchy, wraparound cardigan  - watch this space...

The knitting has also been going well, although spread around a couple of different projects. Himself's gloves are coming along although I will be ripping back all the fingers on the first glove to knit a bit more on the hand.  I think I will hibernate this project for a while.  My Simplicity Cardigan is now on the first sleeve and coming along well.  The project I'm most proud of though is the Umaro.  It has been a long slog up to now but I somehow have managed to knit 2 more balls of yarn onto it, leaving me with 2 and a bit to go.  I am considering stopping with one to go and making a matching cushion cover given that I can hide completely behind the blanket now (making the length about 64 inches long.

I'm not usually one to set resolutions at New Year but I felt that it would be a good time to look at where I want to go and how I want to get there.  I have come up with a list of short, medium and long term goals that allow for a little flexibility (you know, when life gets in the way).

Short Term
    1. I will go out for a run of 30 minutes at least 3 times a week.  I can go out more, but I will go out 3 times minimum.
    2. I will finish at least 2 WIPs before casting on any new projects. (Do design projects count??)
Medium Term
    1.  I will stick to my diet plan in monthly intervals.  If I want to give up, I will have to make it to the end of the month first.  If I still want to quit by then, it's time for a rest period.
    2. I will design one item each month in 2013.  This means design, write out, test knit and photograph.  
    3. I will submit at least one pattern for publication by the end of 2013.
Long Term
    1.  I will get to ideal weight in time for Himself's & my wedding.
    2. I will be able to give up my full-time job (which I like) to be a full-time knitty designer (which I love).
I quite like how my short and medium term goals contribute to my long term goals.  It means that progress is in easier bite-size chunks.  Also, by publishing them, I am now accountable to you.  Feel free to nag me whenever you fancy.

Comments

  1. WOW! 12 designs in 2013 is an incredible goal! I hope you have success in all you pursue in 2013!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts