Heavenly, Bargainous Knitting

Bargains to be had.  I bought 10 balls of Rowan Silk Twist, a worsted weight mostly silk yarn, for a princely sum of £10.  Oh yes, you read that correctly; ten pounds.  That's about $16 (US) at time of writing.  "Wow!" is all I have to say.

The question at this point is always what is a girl to knit with said yarn?  After much searching, I've take a punt on repeating a pattern I tried when I first started out on my yarnie journey.  The Abalone cardigan by Beata Jezek.

Now hear me now friends, my first attempt at this pattern led to much crying (mine) and  laughter (my family's).  Back before I understood gauge and the perils of substituting yarn of a different weight into a pattern without making adjustments, I cast on using DK weight yarn.  What I came away with was a cardigan that would fit a toddler.  My heart is breaking just thinking about it.

But, things are looking up.  My skills have grown immensely since then and the upcoming cardigan is looking really promising.  I'll keep you updated.

Comments

Popular Posts