Enough already!

I have thrown in the towel on CKP 2012.  I am not knitting solely socks or or other things that come in pairs between now and Christmas.  Just. Not. Happening.  I've found myself falling out of love with knitting at all as a result of over doing the straightforward, stockinette or ribbing and my head and hands are rebelling.

To cope with this revolution I have cracked out the Umaro.  It is now cool enough in the evenings to knit without losing half a stone in weight through sweating under the completed first half.  After many socks worth of stockinette, the lace pattern with cables is like heaven.

As for Christmas, I'm letting myself off.  I've realised that I don't need to make something for everyone.  Or anyone if I don't feel like it.  I'm just going to knit what I feel like and if it happens to be for someone then all well and good.  Rumours that part of this surrender has been caused by the design of a toe-up sock pattern are unfounded, I promise.  Having to frog almost a whole sock because it's not quite right might have been.  This pattern is now sorted; I just have to knit it to prove it.  Once I've done that and taken photos, it will go up on Ravelry.

In the meantime, I will carry on with my Umaro and drink tea.

Comments

Popular Posts