The Start of Things to Come

Blogging is something that's been sat on my to do list for a while and I've kept putting it off.  I think that it's been a case of worrying about my ability to write an entry on a regular basis but I've been told that with practice comes competence.

I'm a twenty-something who lives with her long-term boyfriend and two elephants in a flat in the UK.  Worried about the possibility of keeping two elephants in a two-bedroom flat?  There's no need to be, they're little and (mostly) house-trained but you'll meet them later on.  I work full-time so my crafting/cooking time is limited but I still manage to fit quite a bit in.

Easter bunny :)
I love cooking and knitting.  Crochet is currently a new addition to my domestic skill set and it's using up the leftovers from bigger knitting projects like the Easter bunny I made for BF's mum.

On the knitting side of things, I usually have a sock or two on the go, a sweater or similar project and a big project.  The socks I've got cast on at the moment are hand-warmers (Loria Mitts by Ashley Knowlton in Sweet Clement Beloved in Scarlet Colourway) and I'm loving knitting them.  The sweater I'm considering frogging at the moment is a Cybelle (by Ariane Caron-Lacoste) in New Lanark Pure Wool DK.  I like the cardigan and I love the yarn but not so much together.  The long-term project is Umaro by Jared Flood and I love, love, love the pattern but it's taking ages to get through the repeats.

3/4 of a carrot cake
I've been busy baking this week (the joys of a week off!!) which is doing nothing for my waistline at all.  Raspberry & white chocolate muffins and carrot cake have been produced in silly amounts. Nom nom!

As well as the sweet stuff, there's also been some great trips including a visit to Raglan Castle which is somewhere we've been meaning to go for years and not quite getting around to it.

So that's all I have to say at the moment.  A good beginning, I think.

 
 

Comments

Popular Posts