Baby Steps

I'm easing myself back into blogging regularly.  I'm aiming for weekly which would be a vast improvement on the current situation which feels like I-blog-when-I've-finished-a-project-and-I've-found-a-new-yarn-and-I-may-have-had-some-issues-blogging-and-the-stars-have-aligned-themselves-with-a-planet-on-the-otherside-of-the-galaxy-ly. So readers, I apologise.

I have been on a bit of a baby knitting kick recently as previously mentioned but I've been having so much fun.  The small blanket which has been knitted whilst watching the back catalogue of Batman films (Christopher Nolan's ones) is on the decrease side now and once it's finished, I'll be posting the pattern on Facebook. It'll be a free one, given that the pattern will be more of a recipe for those pesky random amounts of mid-weight yarn that I tend to be drawn in by.  So there's something to look forward to.  I'm not promising anything, but it may even be up on Ravelry by next Monday.

My Latte Baby Coat
On the subject of baby knits though, I have been completely blown away by a particular pattern for the little people.  I will come clean first though, I had never knitted a chunky weight little person cardigan before. If you haven't, I can't urge you to enough.  If you're in bit of a project rut where everything seems like its taking forever,
knit a newborn chunky cardigan.  It'll take no time at all and get you back in the swing of things.

Close up of the edging & buttons
The pattern I'm talking about is the Latte Baby Coat by Lisa Chemery.  It's the first pattern that I've knit that I've made in the wool the designer made the pattern for.  I love the pattern and the yarn.  It took me a grand total of about 6 hours to make from first cast on to sewing on the toggles. Blocking took a bit longer but the result I got is wonderful.  It's soft and sheepy and magical.  The cardigan is for a little person due in Idaho in September and I knit it in the 3-6 month size so they'll be all set for snow come the winter.

That's all from me for now.  Hopefully, I'll be posting at the weekend.

Comments

Popular Posts