My latest obsession

After not really feeling the love for projects made out of it (because my gauge was out or it was too early after frogging it in the first place before I tried to reknit it), I am absolutely besotted with my Cherry Maple project made from the New Lanark Mill DK wool.  I have been knitting solely on this cardigan since I started it; a phenomenon almost unheard of in my house.

It's an Acer Cardigan (pattern by Amy Christoffers) and the pattern is wonderful.  It helps that the cable pattern looks a lot more intricate that it is to knit.  The line pattern is the same until a cable cross row, which means (in my world at least - I can read the pattern from the row below) that you only have to remember which rows the cables happen on.  Woo hoo!

I can't wait to wear this too.  The body is finished and it seems to fit well prior to blocking.  I'm almost finished on the first sleeve so it shouldn't be too much longer.  On that, I'm off to knit some more.Take care and I'll see you later.

Comments

Popular Posts