I'm weak like a bad cup of tea

Himself has commissioned me (OK, he asked me nicely) to make some gloves or fingerless mitts to keep his hands warm through what we think is going to be a cold one.  I have just one design instruction; they are to be grey.  So off I went to source yarn - I went to my usual purveyors of yarn and nothing really inspired me so I went to the luxury end of the field.  Socktopus, I love you.  I made a pair of socks ages ago using her "normal" sock yarn - funnily enough, I'm wearing them right this minute - and every time I seem to go have a look there's never been any of the Sokkusu-Xtra yarn for sale.  This time though, there it was, staring me in the face.  Turns out that cashmere is surprisingly inspirational especially when you find it in the exact colour you wanted. So I'm waiting on the most beautiful yarn to get posted through the letter box next week.

When I made the mix up with the extra ball of Rowan Lima I needed to finish my green hat (I ended up with pale blue, don't ask; it's painful), I was sucked in to adding a few things to my shopping cart namely two balls of Artesano 4-ply in purple and pink.
 
Like that wasn't enough, I have been shopping again.  It shouldn't have been a problem as Himself was there, so I blame him for the lack of control. I mean, if I'm on my own, I prepare myself properly with drills for avoiding yarn madness.

We stopped in at Rainbow Silks in Great Missenden which is a treasure trove of a shop with everything from dyes to project bags.  I bought another skein of Botany Lace in a particularly bright colour way and a ball of Jawoll Magic Dégradé in more earthy tones. What can I say?  Anyone for a shawl or pair of socks?

Comments

Popular Posts