Focus...Mmm Sorry?

Ah, now I've had a week-long holiday away from the flat and work, I am feeling tired but much more energised.  I know that makes no sense written down but it's the balance of mental energy and physical energy that's been balanced by the week away.  Himself and I escaped to Devon and ate far, far too much fish and chips.  That's the problem with living in a landlocked county; no access to decent seafood so you go doolally for it once you smell the ozone.

We went mackerel fishing at sea.  Himself caught nothing and I caught a baby whiting which had to be put back (way too small to be landed he was only about 5 inches long).  Carrying on the fishy theme, we also went crabbing.  This is where you hang bait on a line from the shore - we were at the harbour in Brixham - and wait for a crab to grab on.  Himself did very well at this with 4 crabs grabbing on but not managing to get them up, over the wall and into our bucket.  I did significantly worse with two bunches of seaweed and a mauled bit of bait mackerel where something had been munching away without me even noticing.  Grrrr!

Pirates have been the theme of the week with Hummy and Keef getting a piratey gift from our holiday.  I love the skull and crossbones headscarf...

 The Eden Project was one of our main priorities this year as we missed out last year due to lack of time.  As much as I enjoyed it, it was extremely busy and I can't help but feel that the entry fee at £23.50 per adult is very pricey in comparison to other similar activities.  The bonus to this is that they have given us an annual pass for that price so if we return within the year we can get in for free.  The gardens were inspirational, even given the rain when we went.

During the downtime from activities, I managed to completely finish my owls jumper.  Minus the buttons.  I'm not completely sure I want to put buttons on but if I find The Ones then I might do.

I have realised that I need to knit socks.  Lots and lots of socks.  I am just about to finish the toe on one Christmas Sock and get started on the other one of the pair.  So a serious amount of focus is required on the Christmas Knitting Project 2012 (SKP 2012).  First of all, I need to buy a suitable quantity of sock wool as I currently have enough for 2 pairs of socks but need more. 7 more pairs to be exact.  I also have a couple of pairs of mittens to knit for Christmas for friends.  Argh, I'm feeling overwhelmed and we're not even in September!  So the plan is: 
  1. Shopping (Yarn)
  2. Shopping (Patterns)
  3. Knitting
  4. Knitting
  5. More Knitting
I'll keep you updated on progress.

Comments

Popular Posts