CKP - Oh yes!

I've been very distracted by life and fibre related activities.

The granny stripe blanket is getting there. Slowly. It is quite a bit bigger than the photo shows.  I'll update for my picture only blog post later this week.  I'm trying to do one line a night as a minimum but life and other projects keep getting in the way.

The CKP, or Christmas Knitting Project if you like, has started in earnest.  Oh yes, you heard right...Christmas.  It's just 131 days away.  I have planed to knit a pair of socks for every immediate family member.  That's eight pairs of socks.  I have to average a sock per week.  That puts my options down to vanillas or basic ribbed for everyone.  So far I have almost one full sock (see right) - again I have more than the picture shows.  I really need to commit to this project but I have a small confession to make...

I have succumbed to a very popular pattern.  All I have to say is 'HOOT'.  Yes, I have cast on an Owls Sweater by Kate Davies.  I've been fighting the urge to knit one for ages, basically since I discovered Ravelry.  I searched high and low for the yarn I wanted to do this jumper in and I found it at the end of July.  I have fallen in love with chunky wool.  Specifically Sublime Yarns Chunky Merino Tweed. 

Yes, I know the fibre makeup of the yarn means I will have to handwash but my goodness it will be worth it.  It is ridiculously soft with lovely bright tweedy bits.  I have the pigeon colourway which is a mid grey with red, blue and yellow and green tweedy bits.  Think primary colours for the tweed.  I love this wool and I love this pattern.  I have a body up to the armpit and almost a full arm complete.  I'm almost at the owls.  How exciting!!!!

So all other projects are losing out to Pigeon Owl at the moment so I'm glad it's a quick knit.  With the planned schedule for CKP, I'm hoping to get it finished this week otherwise it will have to wait until after the summer break which means it will eat into sock knitting time.





Comments

Popular Posts