This way lies madness

Oh dear.

I have been granted custody of the family sewing machine.  It was to sew one particular project for the living room and now I feel as though I have been sucked in.  I hadn't sewn anything barring buttons or knitty seams for years - I think about 12 or 13 years if you want my estimate.  Yesterday, I settled down to sew. And I came away with this:

At 36"x36", it's a monstrously sized floor cushion made with some fabric I bought at Wonderwool from Celyn Textiles.

It has enclosed seams, a concealed zip and in a fit of madness I even used bias binding to neaten the raw edges on the inside. I know you don't believe me; I wouldn't believe me if I'd said this to me but I have photographic evidence to prove that I really, really did:

I was impressed with myself when I managed to wind a bobbin on the machine without external help and when I managed to thread the machine up.  As you can imagine, getting a result like this first time sewing after so long sent me reeling and now I want more sewing. Oops.

Comments

  1. Well, you know there's only one way to deal with this new itch... More sewing! I look forward to seeing what else you made!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts