Oh hi, it's been like, forever

I haven't looked at the official time since my last post as I have a feeling that it would scare me.  So much has been going on, my head hasn't quite stopped spinning.  I'd make excuses for why I havent blogged in so long - not even a picture - I should have found the time.

As I've blogged about before I started my OU course on film making and I have a final project to finish off over the next couple of weeks.

The main addition to my life can be summed up in one picture.  Yes, I have started running.  It's been 6 weeks since I started on the NHS Couch to 5k programme and I cant believe the difference in me.  I'm more confident, I worry less about whether I look fat and more about whether I feel strong or fit.  I also fit in my clothes better and that can only be a positive.

As part of the running thing, I've been raising sponsorship as I am running the Waddesdon Manor Race for Life 5K for Cancer Research UK tomorrow.  That's a whole 3.1 miles more than I could run a month and a half ago.  If anyone reads this, I would love it if you could go to http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/mariemickiewicz and give whatever you can to this really worthwhile cause.  As the picture of my back sign says, statistics suggest that one in four of us will be diagnosed with cancer at some point in our lives.  So even if you are never diagnosed, the chances are that you will be affected by a family member or friend being diagnosed.
In knitting matters, I have to confess that I have knit a grand sum total of two rows of my Umaro.  There have been other projects on the go though: a tiny baby cardigan in a bamboo yarn (a puerperium cardigan), a gorgeous bunny lace shawlette and an ongoing garter stitch scarf.

Well, there will be more later.  I will post more regularly than I have been. Promise.



 

Comments

Popular Posts